Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 3 at Montreat, By Billy Bartels and Ross Hannon

Jack Mader, Ross Hannon, and Billy Bartels
from Billy....This was the third day of Montreat. Today we talked about finding ones self and answering the question "Who am I?". This sounds like an easy task, but after talking about what Jesus went through to be himself, I realized how difficult it was for him. We talked about Jesus' temptation and how we can stand up to the distractions in our lives that take away from Gods presence.

The mountains of Montreat are amazingly beautiful. The culture of Montreat is one filled with joy and thankfulness. I have felt rejuvenated and very peaceful, and it has only been three days! I am looking forward to the week to come with happiness, but I know Iwill be sad to leave the friends I have made here.

from Ross...I do feel that I have grown spiritually these past three days. Between the discussions in our small groups and the sermons of Bruce Reyes-Chow, I have definitely felt a stronger feeling of God's presence. Without the distractions that life back home brings, I know that I will be able to recognize any signal that God decides to send me.

Every morning, I cannot wait to see what God has planned for us. Thankfully, these past three days have been truly amazing. I hope that the rest of this week brings more spiritual growth to myself, the Sunnyside senior high youth group, and the other youth groups here at Montreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment